Sunday, June 19, 2005

How to help Mark take a bath

The first time I helped Mark wash himself was entirely a disaster. He was less than 2 years old at that time when the evil human instinct was just awaking little by little. As I finished washing his head, I turned on the shower and washed his chest. All of a sudden, He cried loudly and shouted like an alien so I bathed him in a hurry. Not until few years later did I figure out what had gong wrong.

Practice makes perfect. Now I have concluded a technique to avoid Mark’s tears bursting forth like a chemical explosion.

You have to inform him first about ten minutes before and then the bargaining begins. He always asks for five more minutes before going into the bathroom. To promise a candy to him might shorten the time of negotiation. Remember one golden law: the higher price you pay, the better result you get.

Never become slack after you successfully lure him to the bathroom. Filling the bathtub with water, taking off his clothes as quickly as possible, washing him from hair to toenails, and putting him into the bathtub are the four steps in bathing Mark. The reason why he cried when I first bathed him was I forgot to clean his face after washing the head and before washing the body. He was so logical as to be aware of any change to the procedure.

To help Mark have a bath is like dealing with a bomb. Any mistake causes a terrible explosion. After hundreds of times training, I am now a pro handler and always land on my feet in the end.

No comments: