One day, Mark said, “I want to play Barbie.”
I did not take it seriously and responded spontaneously, “Okay, I will buy you a Mr. Incredible on your birthday.”
“No, I want Barbie, not Mr. Incredible.” His volume turned a little high.
“How about Mrs. Incredible? She can bent her body at will and you can play ‘saving the world’ with her. Which one do you prefer, big or small?” Assumptive closing which I often used to deal with my customers is always a beautiful castle in the clouds.
Nevertheless, Mark was a tough negotiator when he had once made up his mind. Finally, I gave in but requested that he had to be able to recognize 100 Chinese characters and then I would buy him a Barbie doll. I regarded it as a difficult task for a 4-year-old child. It would take a long time to achieve this goal and time can lead to forgeting.
Bittersweetly, Mark became a genius in the name of Barbie and it took only 10 days for him to fullfill this task. As promised, I bought him a doll finally.
It was so weird to see my little boy combing a Barbie doll's hair, taking off her dresses, and talking to her tenderly. He just behaved like a little girl! I started to worry about his sexual orientation. According to developmental psychology theory, a child's sexual identification was develpoed from three years old to five. During this age, the absence of a father will lead to a subconcious damage. Because of my training program, I can stay with Mark only on weekends. I was afraid that I might feel regretful when standing in front of my ancestors someday.
One week later, I realized that I had overreacted. He used Barbie's clothes as a glove and played a fighting game with me. What happened to the doll? It is naked and lies beside the toy boxes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment